Procedure to fix WDDM Service Not Running in QuickBooks
When trying to upgrade Windows, QuickBooks users frequently encounter the WDDM service not running error message. This error is usually incited due to a damaged/missing .dll file associated with QuickBooks. This brief article shall unravel all the information you need to fix WDDM Service not running issue in QuickBooks. Let’s first go over the various factors that may lead to the error.
Factors that lead to WDDM Service not running in QuickBooks
- It’s possible that some DLL files were corrupted or lost during the Windows update procedure.
- Either the drivers were installed incorrectly or they became corrupted for some other reason.
- Your system may have been attacked by a virus or other malicious software, which damaged crucial system files, including the .dll files.
- The recent QuickBooks installation was incomplete.
Steps to fix WDDM Service not running in QuickBooks
Follow the methods below to resolve the issues related to the QuickBooks WDDM service.
1st Step: Restart PC and access it in the Safe Mode
- Log on to your system as the administrator to start.
- Launch your computer in safe mode. Launch QuickBooks after that to see if the problem was fixed. The steps listed below should be used to successfully fix the WDDM Service issue.
- After restarting, keep pressing the F8 key in the boot screen, until you see the Advanced boot options. Choose Safe mode with Networking.
- Verify that the system drivers are up to date. To start File Explorer, press the Win + E keys at the same time.
- After that, select Manage by performing a right-click on My Computer. Select the System Tools option next.
- To check for driver updates, right-click any menu item and select the Driver tab.
- Make sure your computer has the most recent version of Windows by updating all required drivers.
- Next, navigate to the Start menu, then select Settings.
- Select System, and then click on About.
- Lastly, press Start.
- Your version may be located in the About section under Windows Specifications.
- By following the above-mentioned instructions, you should have been able to fix QuickBooks WDDM Service issue. Try the next step if, despite using this one, the error message persists.
2nd Step: Making WDDM Service as automatic
- Click the Start button to get started.
- After that, type Control in the search box.
- Press the Enter key after that.
- In the Control Panel, select the Administrative Tools option.
- Then, select the Services option.
- In the list that appears, look for the WDDM Service.
- In order to access the properties, you must now right-click the WDDM Service.
- Select Automatic from the starting type drop-down menu under the General tab.
- Click Apply to complete the procedure, then restart the service.
- From this point on, carry out your regular routine to check if the WDDM Service not running issue in QuickBooks has been fixed.
You may also read: deactivating bank feeds in QuickBooks
We expect that the guidelines carried by this article familiarized you with the procedure to fix WDDM service not running issue in QuickBooks. Just in case the issue still troubles you, give a straightaway call to our certified experts at the helpline 1 800 761 1787.
by joeywilliams on 2022-11-23 01:07:36
No comments yet.