The Peculiarities of Yachting in Croatia
Croatia is a righteous bearer of the title “the pearl of Hadrian and Mediterranean seas”. It is the most developed yachting region in Europe based on the amount of charter yachts for hire infrastructure. Officially there are 2000 charter yachts in Croatia and that is the largest number among all countries of the Mediterranean Bay. The priority of tourism in Croatia is the extreme tourism and active rest. The whole country is famous for the annual yachting competitions, 500 fully equipped harbors, sea stations with restaurants, beauty salons and even supermarkets. To put it simple – it is a paradise for yachtsmen.
The country consists of over 1000 islands with an abundance of cozy bays, harbors and old cities which deserve the attention. The country consists of 2 main regions: Dalmatia including central and southern regions and Istria that contains western and northern regions. This is a superb option to try out for the first-time yachtsmen.
Arguments in Favor of Croatian Yachting
Most people who want to have the unforgettable experience of yachting usually start with Croatia. Here are some facts which will convince you that this is the perfect place for sailing sport.
- Croatia has got a mild Mediterranean climate with surrounding nature of stunning beauty.
- The yachting in Croatia starts in May and lasts till mid-October. During this period the weather in most cases is rather favorable and the storms with strong winds are rare guests.
- The water is surprisingly warm and of a superb transparency that is perfectly suitable for fishing, diving and snorkeling.
- Thanks to close location between the islands and harbors, the sailors can travel over short distances to become better accommodated to water travelling, especially if it is their first time on a yacht.
- In case of a storm, it is always possible to find a shelter at the nearest island, although the archipelago usually forms an area that is well protected against storms. This allows to receive maximum pleasure from water tourism.
- On hiring a yacht in Croatia, you will see the country from a totally different angle – marine angle. You will see Croatia from the side that is unavailable for land walkers.
- You can swim in the open sea and even spend a night lying on a deck of a ship making wishes on falling stars.
- All the sights of the country are located near the sea and even ancient Romans didn’t explore it too deep, enjoying the coastal line. The cities like Split, Parenzo, Pula and many others are famous for the streets with the houses which are over 500 years old and luxurious cathedrals.
- Three national parks are located on islands and are reachable only by boat.
You are the master of your journey, it’s up to you to decide when and where your boat will dock and set sail. You will become a captain of your dream vessel and enjoy the marvels of Croatia.
Croatia is a very hospitable country and it adores meeting new people. Try to see everything and yachting is the best means to do this with maximum pleasure.
by JonColyer on 2018-07-11 11:08:14
No comments yet.