PvP and Beyond!
This is a general message to anyone who have played or will be playing in the core team of rated battleground for guild patch 4.2. Note that those are based on output and people activity and awarness also as dedication. hopefully this will help you understand what was going on if you haven't notice by now. The following topics will be covered in that PvP blog.
As you all know by now, the current season of PvP (12) will be ending March 5th 2013. We are currently sitting in a good position realm wise and world wise not too bad for our rating and players. But we not totally satisfied of the results and the output/outcome we have right now. But we did start extremely late in the season so we cannot really blame it too much. Although some work needed to be done form players as well.
So let me explain you what was our goal at the END of the season (The past month and one week).
Our main goals were:
- Test our chemestry as a group and evaluate potential players to be part of the Core team for 4.2/5.2;
- Help people cap their Rated BG's for the week along with arena;
- Help people get their max upgrades before 5.2;
- Geetting familiar with Rated BG's for those who never been there before;
- Have people understand more their class and time reaction;
- And end up S12 on a good note.
- We do understand that it can be frustrating and you might think that we don't learn from our mistakes. But lets be realistic here. We have people that JUST started PvP'ing in MoP or have less experience than others. As a team that we are STILL building our core synergy, facing a 2k+ team will kill people morale based on the MMR but we do agree that if we don't try we will never be able to beat them.
- We have people severly undergeared. Facing such teams especialaly at the end of the season is killing time for nothing when we could be performing somewhere else. We do check the other team make-up and gearing before the Rated start during the preparation phase.
- Also we are trying to help peopel get cap as quick as possible before Patch 5.2 since the item upgrade won't be there. And the few little piece they can upgrade or buy will come along way for next season believe it or not.
- We can see people potential on teams on the same level than us. Of course we have some other players that are better than others but 1-2 players cannot carry 8-9 other people for various reasons that we know thus far.
First thing to take in consideration about this is your character and the time you will put into it. If you won't be able to commit at 100% as you should on your character you performance will be equal as the percent you will invest. If you barely play and expect the gear and the skills on your class to come 100%, it won't happen.
- i.e.: If you play 50% of the time that is available to you in a week (7 days) you can expect your output and gameplay along with your skills/gear to be @ 50%
- i.e.: If you play 100% of the time that is available to you in a week (7 days) you can expect your output and gameplay along with your skills/gear to be @ 100%
If you cannot commit to both raiding and PvP at the same time, you should pick a choice. We won't force you to do one or the other or both, it's your preference, but you need to be aware of what is coming for you for the next season in 5.2 (Guild Patch 4.2). We rather want players that can put time in one @ 100% than 50% in PvE and 50% in PvP as both will be demanding in the long run to keep up the road.
Knowing your class is one thing that is by far the strongest advantage in PvP, damage not so much for some composition. If you are able to keep a damage dealing class under your control and able to peel him/her off your healer, you win! If you are able in the other case to deal an incredible burst while doing the previous it's all at your advantage and you win!
You can get help from anyone regarding your class if you have any questions, or even duel against solid players to know how you can counter it on your class if a particular class cause you a certain problem. Just like in movies the new guy that aim for the bully and succeed and they become friends in the end hehe.
We do understand that some do not have the luxury to play 24/7 or too often, and we are fine with it. But if you want to focus on one or the other or both, make sure to do what it takes to be on top of your game not only for youi, but for your team mates.
The schedule is almsot set in stone for the upcoming events for Guild Patch 4.2 along with The Arena Tournament & Gurubashi Events that are schedule for later on during 4.2 and 4.3. We encourage people to speak clear and precise with positive criticism about changes they would might see a good way to aim for if it dosen't fit nor suit everybody.
If you sign up for an event on the calendar please show up. If you can't make it there is various way for you to inform (Facebook Page, Re-Tweet, Website, ingame) that you wont be there than change your status on the calendar to ''Tentative'' or to ''Out'' and not Confirmed.
by Xariona on 2013-08-27 10:05:28