Site Help

Image Gallery Usage FAQs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
0
I saw this question asked back in 2009 and 2010 saying it would be in a future release... so I'm not sure if this was finally resolved or not by 2013.

Is there any way to create a gallery and make sure that only guild members can view it?

Our members like to post personal pictures of themselves and on Wowstead, we were able to directly upload them on the forums... since this is not possible with Guild Launch, they would need to upload them to the Gallery. However, I am fairly certain they don't want their personal real life pictures displayed for the viewing public to see. Hence why I was wondering if permissions had finally been enabled for the gallery. If so, I can't find it... and if not, it's been a few years since this was last asked for! Happy
0
Pristene wrote:
I saw this question asked back in 2009 and 2010 saying it would be in a future release... so I'm not sure if this was finally resolved or not by 2013.

Is there any way to create a gallery and make sure that only guild members can view it?

Our members like to post personal pictures of themselves and on Wowstead, we were able to directly upload them on the forums... since this is not possible with Guild Launch, they would need to upload them to the Gallery. However, I am fairly certain they don't want their personal real life pictures displayed for the viewing public to see. Hence why I was wondering if permissions had finally been enabled for the gallery. If so, I can't find it... and if not, it's been a few years since this was last asked for! Happy


You can set gallery and file library as "Member Only Content", Admin > Permissions > Member Only Content
0
Hi there.

I have tried multiple times to take JPEG photos I have in my pictures library and upload them to my guildlaunch site. I'm the owner so I know it's not a permission issue, but when I select the photo and hit upload, nothing happens. Nothing, not even a page refresh or the "thinking cog" to tell me it's trying to do something. How do I fix this?
0
What browser are you using?
0
Because of the restrictions on older versions of Internet Explorer, it's no longer an officially supported browser; if you use IE 10, or another browser like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, you should be set.
0

How can I insert pictures from the Gallery to a post at the forum, for example Guild News?

 

Edit: I have been looking for info of how to get a path for "Insert image".

0

The URL of the image in the image gallery is what you would use in the 'Source' for the image embed.

0

Thank you for you answer. I have read the FAQ and haven't found the answer to my problem.
Maybe me question wasn't so good.

I have 3 pictures in my gallery, how do I find the URL to one of them.
I found it : Right-click the picture, open it in a new tab/window, copy the URL from there.
It might be an easier wat, but at least it works. For me. Now.

Btw: The link at "Converting WoW Screenshots" doesn't seam to work.

Converting WoW Screenshots
Converting WoW Screenshots
Converting WoW Screenshots
0

I have been attempting to find a place where albums can be managed or deleted. An album was created that is not needed and I wish to delete it. Is there a specific place to do that?

 

0

You can delete galleries at the bottom of the Gallery page on your site - sorry for the confusion!

0
GL_Support wrote:

You can delete galleries at the bottom of the Gallery page on your site - sorry for the confusion!

Thank you!

 

Has anything been instituted or in the works to be able to assign access to certain galleries to certain permissions groups?

0

It's something we're looking into but is not currently part of a release.

0
GL_Slater wrote:
Because of the restrictions on older versions of Internet Explorer, it's no longer an officially supported browser; if you use IE 10, or another browser like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, you should be set.


im using the most up to date browsers for both IE and FF and upload button still doesnt do anything at all.

0

Do you have any addons enabled that might be preventing it, like NoScript?

Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em