I had decided to use the Gamerlaunch Site because the handling is very simple and goes fast. But as longer I use the Forum to manage my Guild it makes me crazy.
There a few think which I can't understand:
- bad Image scaling (21:9 doesnt work, always need to the value manuell)
- default Space between each line
- table function is useless
- copy & paste - copy also the designs of other sites
- can't change the Font when I already set one -> need to delete all design options
- few more...
I will just ask straight - will there be a Forum Update soon or atleast just an other Template. Otherwise I'm sorry but that's not acceptable on long terms, which mean I will just move to enjin.
1. We can look into and have considered image scaling adjustments. People try to add 100000 pixel wide images often and then ask us why it "messed up their site".
2. What do you mean about default space? We have the same key commands as every text editor. Return = Paragraph which has padding. Shift+Return is a linebreak. This is an industry standard. Other places might do it wrong, but we choose to go with the standard. It just takes getting used to.
You can do this for paragaphs. With enter
And more paragraphs.
And this with Shift+Enter
3. What is useless about the table function? We need more details to be actionable.
|specific||issues||if we are to||improve||it. :)|
4. What is your specific issue with copy and paste?
5. We don't currently support font changes
We're happy to work with you on specific feedback.
hehe .. obviously there are a lot of sites that do the line spacing wrong :p It took me a loooong time to get used to that. Perhaps it depends on your age (I learned on manual typewriters .. which makes me feel VERY old .. where one "return" was simply one line space down, not two). I guess in the age where we have automatic word wrap, you no longer regularly need to press "return" to go down to the next line. It's just a matter of getting used to the shift-return way.
The table function is cool ... but it's a bit clunky (or has been when I've used it). Mainly because if you create a table say, 5x5, you have to squint and guess where to put the cursor to start filling it in. Once you've found that first cell, you're fine. I do know I got a little frustrated trying to format the table, because I kept wanting to treat it as I would in Word .. such as selecting the entire table in order to centre the table on the screen (not the words within it) - but generally it basically works.
Now .. I do remember some time ago there was a button to import stuff direct from Word (because otherwise Word copy/paste stuff just went a bit mad) .. is that still around? If so, you could always create formatting/tables there and import.
Copy and Paste in the forums seems to have changed .. some time ago they improved dramatically, in that I could copy/paste a section of another website, complete with pictures, and the whole lot would paste in .. but that doesn't seem to happen anymore. It still is a lot better than it was, formatting is better and URL's ... just the picture pasting.