I have accidentally deleted a character and thus wiped out his raid history and dkp balance. He created a new member ID on the site, and I was attempting to move his character from his old member name to his new one. I could not remove his character from his old account because I was not able to leave a member on the site with no assigned character. Or so the message told me. Therefore, I was unable to move his character from one account to another.
So, without thinking, I simply removed his old member, and of course his character was deleted also. I can bring the character back in, and have, via armory import, but his history is gone. I tried the character recovery, but the character is not there to recover.
So i "redeleted" his character, thinking that might open the opportunity to recover it, but alas, it did not.
Is there anyway to recover this characters history?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
I'm making sure I understand the issue:
- The character was deleted (deleting DKP and raid history);
- The user with the deleted character created a new Gamer Launch account (?);
- You tried to move the deleted (?) character to the user's new account;
- There was an error (members of a site can be members without any characters, so I'm not sure what this error was - can you recreate it or provide more information about it?);
- You removed the user's old account from the site;
- After a roster import, the character was recreated but without its history;
- You deleted that character as well.
I'm not sure if the character is recoverable or not at this point, but I want to make sure I have those details correct. What was the character's name?
2. yes, the new account was created before the deletion.I was attempting to move the character to his new account
3. No. I could not unclaim the character from the old account without removing the account. In other words, I could not try to move it - I wanted to - but it was gone. Because I deleted the inactive account.
4. yes, and the message I received when I tried to remove his character from the old account was something along the lines that a member must have a claimed character. I know this is not a true statement. But the system would not let me unclaim that character from the inactive account. I didn't write down the error message. I have seen it before, but not often. When I encounter it again, I'll record it for posterity.
7. yes with the hopes of using character recovery. I couldn't recover what was there, is why i deleted it a 2nd time. I can bring it back with another armory import, but the character will still have no history.
First account, Gustave12
Second account, Gustave 1245
These existed side-by- side for months until today when I decided to clean it up and delete the old account. And thus move his character from an inactive account to the active one he was using.
The character name is Vorlockk
If he can get into his old account, and the character is there, I'll get back to you and hopefully we can recover it. If it's not there, I assume it's a lost cause?
Thanks for your help. I'll get back in here when I get back in touch with the user.