Site Help

Image Gallery Usage FAQs

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Image Gallery Basics

Guild Members

You can upload pictures and delete your own pictures if the guild admin has enabled uploads for guild members.

Guild Owner & Security Group Members

The guild owner and members granted permissions to the file library by their security group can add pictures and delete any pictures.

Resizing

When you upload a picture three files are created. The first is a thumbnail of 110 x 107 pixels that is shown on this page. The second is a midsize picture that is shown on the next page. That image is 600 pixels wide and as tall as necessary to maintain the aspect ratio. The third is the full original image and it is linked from the image detail page. This is done to make the image gallery as visually appealing as we can while still giving you access to the original image file.

Converting WoW Screenshots

We recommend the very simple ConvertShot at http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/files/details/5601/convertshot/ to convert your WoW screenshots. ConvertShot was not developed by Guild Launch and we do not warranty its usability or safety, but we do use it ourselves.

Last edited by GL_Support on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hello,

A question if i have the Plan: Ad-Supported how much images can be put on the website gallery and how much more when i upgrade to a basic acount without ads. One more thing the WoW screenshot converter link must be broken does not work for me.
It's hard to say exactly how many images you can upload it depends on the original size of the file. The Ad-Supported package is 10 megabytes which ends up being about 6 or 7 WoW screenshots if you don't resize them since they start out rather large. A subscription site has 500 megs, so around 300-350 screenshots.

-Stephen
Thanks alot!
how do u create an album in the gallery?
VampireLestat wrote:
how do u create an album in the gallery?

There is a form at the bottom of the main gallery page to do it.

-Stephen
oye.. 300 to 350..
I could fill that up quickly if I'm not careful.
txs for the reminder.
How does the admin "enable uploads for guild members"? Thanks!
Admin -> Permissions Tab -> Gallery Upload Settings link on the left.

-Stephen
Hello,
first of all I apologize if this is off-topic in this thread. Can you share me some tips on how I can put up the picture I added in the gallery in the news.

I was thinking of putting a pic of the boss kills we have together with the congratulatory note.

The screenshot is not being shown if I used the img function. The command I used is as follows:

[img]
http://astigthaurissan.guildlaunch.com/gallery/gallery_detail.php?gallery=49410&gid=95420&f=600479[/img]

By the way the URL above is the actual URL I am using.

Thanks in advance for your help.
That URL does not go to an image. It goes to a page that has images one it. You need to click one of the detail links then get the URL from the browser after clicking on the size you want on the next page.

-Stephen
In the blog it mentions image comments in the latest release. Is that past, or upcoming? and if past, is there something we need to check off to allow that?
bolitash wrote:
In the blog it mentions image comments in the latest release. Is that past, or upcoming? and if past, is there something we need to check off to allow that?

You have to go to the details of an image:

http://yqlif.guildlaunch.com/gallery/image_detail.php?gallery=0&image_id=476055&gid=37160

It's at the bottom.

-Stephen
yay! ty!

... although tedius in displaying or commenting. I doubt there's an option to view or add the comments in the lightbox display?
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards
Recent Awards