Good question. I would like to know the answer to this as well. I can't afford an additional $6 per month for photobucket. I am trying to show our tabard pic in the guild news. I tried %%TABARD%% but it doesn't work. I also tried the insert/edit option from edit menu bar and it asks for so SOURCE. I entered the name of pic that is in the file library but it doesn't work - I get a square box here a pic should be but no picture. Do I need to add a path with the file name? If so, what is it please?
I've actually started using imgur now for my pictures - photobucket has been getting more and more buggy and intrusive, to the point where it's started replacing my linked pictures with special placeholder pictures encouraging me to pay a subscription.
If it had been easier and more reliable to use, I may have been tempted to pay a subscription for more space, but as it is, I can't rely on it improving just because I send them money.
The main thing I really used photobucket for, apart from an online link for pictures, was the easy editing of pictures to put on borders, text, etc. Not many, if any, other free online storage companies do that. So instead I've downloaded a free "app" for Windows 10 (although I believe it works for others too) called Fotor.
As far as your tabard problem .. not sure why it's not working. You need to ensure you've uploaded the tabard.png file to your site file storage (admin > features > storage > file library).
You can get your tabard file by going to your guild on the Armories, right clicking your tabard shown there, and selecting "save as". Save it with the name tabard.png.
Once you've saved that to your site storage (even free sites have 10Mb available to use, and the tabard file uses very minimal space), then the %%TABARD%% option should work.
I hope that helps.
Well I got it to work thanks to Poisonenvy's instruction. I already had a TABARD.PNG file in my library but went ahead and got another from the armory. I had to go to summary page on the armory to find the picture that didn't have writing over it and allowed to save as png. I saved it on my computer as tabard.png then uploaded it to my library. Even tho I had a TABARD.PNG in my library it saved as tabard.png without asking for an overwrite. So the UPPER case and lower case may cause it to be seen as different file... or you can have files with the same name in library... didn't take time to test that.
I went back to page and edited using %%tabard%% and it didn't work. I tried again using %%TABARD%% and it worked. Again the UPPER/lower case made the difference. I thought maybe this extra information might help others with the same problem.
Thanks again Poisonenvy for the help!!!